Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

88 Words About Upcycled Letterpress Type

L etterpress drives me wild, and I have long dreamed of one day owning one of the amazing mysterious magical contraptions. Here is a clever new use for letterpress type - a belt buckle - designed and handmade by Steel Toe Studios. 



Their Multifont Buckle is cast in lead-free pewter from actual letterpress pieces. The brand new recycled rubber bicycle tire belt is sold separately. The whole ensemble can make your librarian jealous for under a hundred bucks. Heck, it would make me jealous. Belt buckle: $45 Belt: $38




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

T his is my super awesome blog about words, writing, fonts, letters, typewriters, paper, envelopes, wax seals, fountain pens, stamps, ink, glitter, the lost art of letter writing, reading, books, grammar, slang, writing, maps, shoes, clothes, Mac stuff, Kindles, Nooks, bookbinding, publishing, fiction, haikus, poetry, short stories, and all things related to my fascination with the English language, and good design. I incorporate elements from some of the above in exactly eighty eight words per post. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

Cy-Fi